We’re pretty mad about festive celebrations and we’ve been part of a few over the last couple of months. They kept us busy over the Christmas period and probably saved us from gaining a few extra festive pounds with all the running around we had to do.
If you’ve got doubts about a winter wedding here‘s our top five reasons for pushing aside those worries and booking that date:
- You don’t have to stress about the weather. Yup, it’s going to be colder and darker, but you won’t be looking at the forecast and praying for sunshine. It’s a done deal. And you’ll be ready.
- There’s a much greater chance that you’ll secure that venue you’ve got your heart set on without having to push your wedding out longer than you want.
- Just think of the accessories – faux fur cover-ups, velvet capes, cosy knits, tartan shawls… so many possibilities.
- In terms of décor think berry reds, lush winter foliage, candlelight and gorgeous natural touches such pine cones, fir trees and sprigs of mistletoe.
- Comfort food! You can serve up hearty warming dishes that people will love to share – stews, roasts or pasta dishes. You can also have fun with hot chocolate bars or hand out mulled wine to keep your guests cosy. They will love it!
Have we convinced you?